Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Word to Fonzi.

“All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.” - Abraham Lincoln. Well in actuality, I don’t think Abraham Lincoln meant this quote to be interpreted in a literal sense. In fact, metaphorical was what I really think he was going for. However, when I first saw this quote it made me think. This wasn’t the first time I had heard a quote about life or something similar being analogous in some way to a flower. Why do we do this? Why is wawa open 24/7? Idk, I’m not so sure. The point is: I’m tired of all of these analogies without explanations. Why IS a flower representative of life?  Throughout my blogs I intend to take this proposal just a step further and do just that: Take flowers, different kinds, and make them analogous in some way to life, to grow in thought and mind so to speak. They say sometimes things are easier to swallow when the package is delicately comical. It’s the laughter that eases the sting, maybe make you think a little. Perhaps these flowers might inversely effect or cause the way we think about life, instead of just a simple similarity. The structure of the blog will be reminiscent of the life of a flower. Starting at the beginning, with the seed idea that the seed is the idea and we will watch it grow. A metaphorically challenging, stem altering, petal ripening siege. Ayyyyy. Word to Fonzi. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment